Well Almost Jumpers

Well Almost Jumpers

Jumpers 4 Goalposts

The aim of this blog is too look at the humourous, irrelevant side to the great game - without causing offence.

If you have any funny anecdotes, pictures etc please let us know.

Thursday 8 September 2011

Atfer an extended break....

As the new Season has started here at Jumpers, after an extended summer break, we have the usual questions. Is a collective term of Football Officials called Incompetence? Further, more is a collection of football administrators a corruption. In addition, as importantly can we finally get some football tips right.

Our plea to the authorities is that the game should be entertaining and have character not a load of over coached dummies and people to afraid of being brought to book by the FA. Oh how we miss Clough, Docherty and Allison. The Bests and Bowles of this world – the game needs them. During the season we will often hype back to those days as we finish bottom of the fantasy league!

Enough for now just to leave with a few blasts from the past:

“There was no point in him coming to team talks. All I used to say was, “Whenever possible pass the ball to George.””

Sir Matt Busby on who else the Late Great George Best

“Anyone who uses the word quintessentially in a half-time team talk is talking crap.”

Mick McCarthy gets to the point.

“I used to play football in my youth but then my eyes went bad so I became a referee.”

Luton’s most famous fan Eric Morecambe

No comments:

Well he has a point.

"I'll get into trouble with my girlfriend if I play - I don't think she'll be too happy if I'm chasing Totti all over Rome."
Jonathan Woodgate on his chances of making only his second start for Leeds United, away to AS Roma in the UEFA Cup 1998.